Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) Notice
The Gawker (“we”, “our”, “us”) respects the copyright and other intellectual property rights of others and expects users of our website thegawker.com and our mobile application The Gawker (together or individually “Service”) to do the same.
If you have concerns on the materials and contents available on our Service that violate your copyright, please provide us a valid and complete DMCA Notice for proper actions. Under the terms of DMCA, we will respond to notices in legal circumstances and avail the protection under the Act. We will take out the infringed material and take plausible steps to contact the user who use your property.
A DMCA notification should include the following contents:
- Identify in sufficient detail the copyrighted work or intellectual property that you claim has been infringed so that we can locate the material. If multiple copyrighted works are covered by your notification, you may provide a representative list of such works.
- Identify the URL or other specific location on our Service that contains the material that you claim infringes your copyright described in Item 1 above. You must provide us with reasonably sufficient information to enable us to locate the alleged infringing material.
- Provide the electronic or physical signature of the owner of the copyright or a person authorized to act on the owner's behalf.
- Include a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law (for example, as a "fair use"), and another statement by you that the information contained in your notice is accurate and that you attest under penalty of perjury that you are the copyright owner or that you are authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf.
- Include your full name, mailing address, telephone number and email address.
Upon receiving a proper notification of alleged copyright infringement, we will remove or disable access to the allegedly infringing material and promptly notify the alleged infringer of your claim. We also will advise the alleged infringer of the DMCA statutory counter-notification procedure described below by which the alleged infringer may respond to your claim and request that we restore this material.
Please note that you may be liable for damages, including court costs and attorney's fees, if you materially misrepresent that content on the Service is copyright infringing.
Fair Use and Content Disclaimer
Fair use is the copyright regulation that allows the limited use of copyrighted materials without acquiring permission from the right holders for comment and educational purposes. Views, articles and images on our Service may contain copyrighted material which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
Fair Use on Images, Links and Logos
We believe that the use of some photos and logos on our Service site constitutes to ‘fair use’ as stated in the copyright law. Some of the images found on Service may be screenshots of a photo of an organization protected by copyright possibly owned by a company of an entity that produced it. We claim no credit for the images posted on our Service unless otherwise noted.
The use of the limited images of web resolution screenshots plainly for identification and visual association qualifies for fair use under International Copyright Laws. The images or logo is to assist the reader determine the organization so they might reach the web site associated with the organization by clicking on it to better convey the message.
The use of images on Service does not signify endorsement of the organization. They are not directed toward commercial advantage of private monetary compensation. Any other uses of the images might be considered copyright infringement.
You may check the individual copyright material by following the link to the web site of the organization for more information.
Image Content Removal
If you wish to use copyrighted materials from our Service for the reasons that go beyond the “fair use” policy, you need to obtain permission from the copyright owner. If you have concerns regarding copyright infringements or materials that does not comply with fair use as outlined, please fill up our DMCA Notice Form below and we will immediately take off the material.
DMCA Notice Form: